When? Wednesday, October 18, 2023, 10-12 | 13-15
On campus Garching, MW2101, Mechanical Engineering, Boltzmannstr. 15, 85748 Garching b. München (modified!)
PhD students at TUM School of Engineering and Design; personnel in research data management and everyone who is interested (no mandatory requirements).
The participation might be recognized as qualification for doctoral candidates at your graduate center (e.g. TUM School of Engineering and Design).
- Language: English
- Free of charge
- General RDM: Motivation & benefits, background & perspectives, policies, FAIR-principles
- Personal RDM: Data life cycle, data management plans, metadata, legal aspects, large data, software as research data
- Tools and systems: Versioning & workflows, tools at TUM & tools at LRZ
- Chair of Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics (TUM): Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Stemmer, Friedrich Ulrich, Benjamin Farnbacher, Vasiliki Sdralia (also: Munich Data Science Institute)
- University Library (TUM): Dr. Sascha Grusche, Katja Kessler
- Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ): Dr. Stephan Hachinger
Would you like to manage your research data (more) efficiently? Then join our workshop on Research Data Management for Science and Engineering. You will learn how to structure, document and publish your research data, how to comply with policies and legal requirement and which tools and resources can support you.
This workshop will introduce researchers to the basics of research data management (RDM), including requirements and duties for scientists as well as tools and systems available at TUM and LRZ.
This supports bookkeeping in your own research, exchange with colleagues in your group and dissemination and use of research data with external partners. Publishing research data along journal publications will soon become commonplace and will allow for a wider range of use of comparative research data within the course of your PhD.
Registration (limited spots):
Requirements: Please bring your own laptop / electronic device for our interactive exercises (mostly browser-based).
Contact and further information