Sudhakar Yogaraj, M.Sc.
- 2007-2009 : MS (by research) from Dept. of Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Thesis : Aerodynamics of flapping insect wings in inclined stroke plane hovering
- 2002-2006 : BE (Aeronautical Engg.) at Anna University
Research and Industrial experience
- Feb 10 to Feb 11 Scientist/Engineer SC at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO.
- July 09 to Nov 09 Project Associate in the Dept. of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras
- Sep 06 to June 09 Junior Research Fellow in the Dept. of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras
- Y. Sudhakar, J. P. M. Almeida, W. A. Wall, "An accurate, robust, and easy-to-implement method for integration over arbitrary polyhedra: Application to embedded interface methods" Journal of Computational Physics 273, 393-415, 2014.
- Y. Sudhakar, W. A. Wall, "Quadrature schemes for arbitrary convex/concave volumes and integration of weak form in enriched partition of unity methods" Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 258, 39-54, 2013.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, "Vortex shedding characteristics of a circular cylinder with an oscillating wake splitter plate" Computers and Fluids 53, 40-52, 2012.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, “Flight force production by flapping insect wings in inclined stroke plane hovering” Computers and Fluids 39, 683—695, 2010.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, “Functional significance of delayed stall in insect flight” Numerical Heat Transfer 58, 65-83, 2010.
Conference Proceedings and Abstracts
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, K. Shaafi Mohamed, "Wake characteristics of a circular cylinder attached with an oscillating splitter plate" IUTAM symposium on Bluff Body Flows, IIT Kanpur, India, 12-16 December 2011.
- U. Anand, Y. Sudhakar, R. Thileepanragu, V.T. Gopinathan, R. Rajasekar, “Passive flow control over NACA 0012 aerofoil using vortex generators” 37th International conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, IIT Madras, India, 16-18 December 2010.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, “Aerodynamic force generation in tiny hovering insects”, AIAA 2009-4197, 39th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference 2009, Texas.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, “Computation of viscous flow past moving bodies: Use of Immersed Boundary Method”, 10th Annual CFD symposium, Bangalore 11-12 Aug 2008.