Dr.-Ing. Christoph Meier
- Room 1234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +49-89-289-15238
- Fax: +49-89-289-15301
- Office hours: by arrangement
ERC Starting Grant Project ExcelAM
- Leader of the Additive Manufacturing Simulation Group
- TUM Juniors Fellow
Broader Research Fields
- Computational mechanics with focus on finite element methods (FEM), discrete
element methods (DEM) and smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH)
- Computational solid and structural mechanics
- Computational thermo-solid and (multi-phase) thermo-fluid mechanics
- Reduced-order modelling
- Physics-based and data-based modeling approaches
Specific Research Topics
- Physics-based modeling and simulation of metal additive manufacturing (AM): macroscale (part-scale thermo-solid-mechanics), mesoscale (melt pool thermo- hydrodynamics and powder spreading) and microscale (microstructure) modeling
- Computational contact mechanics and elasto-hydrodynamic lubrication (EHL)
- Modeling of Solid-liquid and liquid-vapor phase transitions
- Solid material modeling
- Modeling of cohesive powders and granular materials
- Geometrically exact beam theories
- Mechanical contact and intermolecular interactions between slender beams/fibers
- Coupling/embedding of reduced-dimensional structeres and 3D continua
- Modeling of fibrous systems/materials with complex fiber arrangements/interactions
Meier, C.: Geometrically exact finite element formulations for slender beams and their contact interaction, Technical University of Munich, Germany, 2016
CISM Course: Metal Additive Manufacturing: Fundamentals, Modeling, Materials, and Implementation
- Udine, Italy, October 18-22, 2021.
- Organizers: Christoph Meier and A. John Hart.
- Lecturers: Bianca Maria Colosimo (Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy), Jürgen Eckert (Montan Universität Leoben, Austria), Andrey Gusarov (Moscow State Technological University "STANKIN", Russia), A. John Hart (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA), Neil Hodge (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA), Christoph Meier (Technical University of Munich, Germany).
- 100 participants in total (in presence and online).
- Further information at www.cism.it/activities/courses/C2119.