Dr.-Ing. Jonas Eichinger
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- J. F. Eichinger, Micromechanical Foundations of Mechanobiology in Soft Tissues, 2021. PDF
- Praktikum Numerische Biomechanik (SS 2017, SS 2018)
- Visualisierungstechniken in der Numerischen Mechanik (SS 2019 - SS 2021)
- Parallel and high-performance computing
- Software development
- Finite element methods (FEM)
- Modeling and simulation of complex systems of highly slender continua
- Biomechanics and mechanobiology
Articles in Peer-Reviewed International Journals
- Paukner D, Eichinger JF, Cyron CJ, What are the key mechanical mechanisms governing integrin-mediated cell migration in three-dimensional fiber networks? Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. 2023;
- Davoodi Kermani I, Schmitter M, Eichinger JF, Aydin RC, Cyron CJ, Computational study of the geometric properties governing the linear mechanical behavior of fiber networks. Computational Materials Science. 2021; doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2021.110711
- Eichinger JF, Paukner D, Aydin RC, Wall WA, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ, What do cells regulate in soft tissues on short time scales? Acta Biomaterialia. 2021; doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2021.07.054
- Eichinger JF, Grill MJ, Davoodi Kermani I, Aydin RC, Wall WA, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ, A computational framework for modeling cell-matrix interactions in soft biological tissues. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. 2021; doi.org/10.1007/s10237-021-01480-2
- Grill MJ, Eichinger JF, Koban J, Meier C, Lieleg O, Wall WA, A Novel Modeling and Simulation Approach for the Hindered Mobility of Charged Particles in Biological Hydrogels. Proceedings of the Royal Society A. 2021; doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2021.0039
- Eichinger JF, Haeusel LJ, Paukner D, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Mechanical homeostasis in tissue equivalents - a review. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. 2021; doi.org/10.1007/s10237-021-01433-9
- Eichinger JF*, Paukner D*, Szafron JM, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Computer-Controlled Biaxial Bioreactor for Investigating Cell-Mediated Homeostasis in Tissue Equivalents. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 2020; doi.org/10.1115/1.4046201 (*co-first authorship)
- Philipp A, Eichinger JF, Aydin RC, Georgiadis A, Cyron JC, Retsch M. The accuracy of laser flash analysis explored by finite element method and numerical fitting. Heat and Mass Transfer. 2019;
International Conference Contributions with Abstract
- Eichinger JF, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ.. Experimental Study and Computational Modeling of Soft Tissue Mechanical Homeostasis. 14th World Congress in Computational Mechanics and ECCOMAS Congress 2020 (14th WCCM & ECCOMAS Congress 2020). Virtual congress, January 11-15, 2021.
- Eichinger JF, Paukner D, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Experimental Analysis and Computational Modeling of Soft Tissue Tensional Homeostasis. 8th GACM Colloquium on Computational Mechanics (GACM 2019). Vienna, Austria, February 18-22, 2019.
- Eichinger JF, Paukner D, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Key Factors for Soft Tissue Tensional Homeostasis Identified by Discrete Fiber Network Modeling and Biaxial Experiments. 90th Annual Meeting of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM 2019). Vienna, Austria, February 18-22, 2019.
- Eichinger JF, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Soft Tissue Tensional-Homeostasis in Experiment and Simulation. Society of Engineering Science (SES) Technical Meeting 2018. Madrid, Spain, October 10-12, 2018.
- Eichinger JF, Aydin RC, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Micro-Scale Modeling of Cell-Extracellular Matrix Interactions. World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM 2018). New York, USA, July 22-27, 2018.
Presentations and invited talks
- Eichinger JF, Humphrey JD, Cyron CJ. Mechanical Homeostasis in Soft Tissues. American Society for Matrix Biology (ASMB) e-Symposium; Matrix Math: Computational Modeling of the ECM. March 11, 2021.
Supervised Student Projects
- Study of Cell-mediated Homeostasis in Tissue Equivalents in Computer-controlled Biaxial Tests, Bachelor's Thesis (Lea Häusel, 2020)
- Study of Tensional Homeostasis in Higher Dimensions Using Cell Seeded Collagen Gels, Term Paper (Lydia Ehmer, 2019)
- Implementation and Validation of a C++ Tool to create fiber networks based on Voronoi Tesselation, Hiwi (Jonas Koban, 2019)
- Simulation of viscoelastic behavior of acellular collagen gels and quantitative comparison with experimental results, Bachelor's Thesis (Lydia Ehmer, 2019)
- Design and Validation of a Biaxial Bioreactor for Cell Seeded Collagen Gels, Master's Thesis (Daniel Paukner, 2018)
- Equilibrium Morphologies of Semiflexible, Transiently Crosslinked, Heterogeneous Biopolymer Networks, Bachelor's Thesis (Niklas Klinkertz, 2017)
- Simulation of the Brownian Dynamics of Slender Biopolymers using Beam Finite Elements, Term Paper (Daniel Paukner, 2017)
- Analysis and Solution Strategies for Added-Mass Instabilities in Partitioned FEM Schemes for Fluid-Structure-Interaction, Bachelor's Thesis (Daniel Paukner, 2016)
- Computational Modelling of Gastric Electrophysiology, Bachelor's Thesis (Johannes Schwarz, 2016)
- 2015 - 2021 Research Associate at the Institute for Computational Mechanics (Lehrstuhl für Numerische Mechanik), Technische Universität München, Germany
- 2015 - 2021 Research Associate as a member of the Emmy Noether Group "Vascular Growth & Remodeling in Aneurysms" (Head: Dr.-Ing. Christian J. Cyron), Technische Universität München, Germany
- 2015 Master of Science (M.Sc.), Mechanical Engineering, Technische Universität München, Germany